Junior Golf kicked-off on Sunday 8th August at 10.00am with around 12 kids learning the basics of golf under the expert tutelage of Cameron Odewahn. The following Sunday however was cancelled due to the new Covid restrictions brought in by the NSW government on Saturday 14th Aug. This was unfortunate as we had around 22 kids registered with a lot interest being shown by the community. The program will continue when Covid rules allow.
Jindera Golf and COVID –
Given the new covid restrictions applicable to regional NSW, The advice from Golf NSW – see below – is that usual club golf may continue provided that –
- Groups are a maximum of two players (unless they are from the same household)
- Usual Covid restrictions are observed (5km travel limit, social distancing, Masks, Covid check-in etc)
Consequently, our usual comps. will still be on as per the following advice from golf nsw, bearing in mind that the groups must only be in pairs and that all players wear masks where required.
COVID -19: NSW Latest & FAQ’s
- Published By Golf NSW
- Last Updated: August 14, 2021
STAY AT HOME RULES
The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve and due to the risks associated with an increasing number of venues and transmissions which have occurred, the strict stay-at-home rules that were applicable to ALL of Greater Sydney, the Blue Mountains, the Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour have now been extended to all of regional NSW, from 5pm Saturday 14 August.
Other than in the areas of concern, people will only be able to leave home for one of the following four reasons:
- Shopping for food or other essential goods and services
- Medical care or compassionate needs
- Exercise outdoors in groups of a maximum of two (unless players are from the same household) within your own Local Government Area (LGA) OR if outside your LGA it must be within 10km of where you live (5kms from Monday 16 August))
- Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home